Things you need to know in publishing your first iOS and Android Apps
The next big thing: MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT in the Philippines. More and more brand managers are considering the use of mobile applications to promote their service or product offerings to the tech-savvy market. But, what should you consider or prepare before, during, and after the development of the mobile app whether an Android or iOS?
BEFORE THE MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT
- IDENTIFY THE DESIRED (and feasible) WORKFLOW PROCESS. It is usually during this stage that tons of wonderful ideas are in the offing. At some point, this is a challenge for both the mobile apps developer in the Philippines and the client who would like to outsource the project. Here, you will have a clearer picture of the developer’s caliber in developing an app that has all the essential technical specifications. Similar to website development, mobile development starts with the creation of a simple yet attractive design.
- IDENTIFY THE INCLUSIONS OF THE MOBILE APPLICATION PACKAGE. When getting the help of a service provider, a wise customer must check on the services that are expected to be performed. Will the apps developer submit the app on behalf of the client? Will the amount to be paid inclusive of the regular updating of the app? Surely there are other questions; don’t hesitate to check with your developer.
- PREPARE ALL REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION. Whether it’s the client or the developer who will submit the app, it is good to research as early as this stage about the tedious process of app submission in App Store (for iOS apps) and Google Play Store (for Android apps). For iOS apps, for example, if client wants to submit the app under its company name, securing a unique, nine-digit DUNS number is one of the most important requirements to submit. This number serves as identification of your company and application and approval of this number usually take up to two weeks. Registering as Individual don’t usually require such number. Google, on the other hand, has a more lenient submission process; but it’s still worth reading ahead of time.
- IDENTIFY ALL DEVICES WHERE THE APP SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH. The dramatic rise in number of Smartphone usage around the globe should also be a major consideration of both the client and the mobile apps developer. Setting expectations between parties before the commencement of the mobile apps development will help minimize the occurrence of complex misunderstanding during the middle of the development. Check with the developer if the app that he/she is developing will be compatible with what older and later versions of mobile operating systems.
DURING THE MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT
- CHECK THE DEVELOPMENT OF EACH FEATURE. The whole mobile apps development will usually leave the less-technically-knowledgeable client more technically adept. This is because of the constant monitoring of the apps development that he has to perform. Client must understand that the mobile app developer has the tendency to neglect some minor details of the app that is being developed. Exercising keen attention to details is a responsibility that is shared by both the project manager and the client.
- DOUBLE CHECK THE WOULD-BE IMPACT OF THE APP ON THE TARGET CONSUMERS. Because of the fast-phased market, brand managers must constantly evaluate the potential impact of the mobile app on the target users. Usually, testers of the app will be the one capable to give valid recommendations on the performance of the mobile app. And when a major revision or update on the app is seen, contact your developer if it’s still feasible to do an overhaul.
- PREPARE A LIST OF UPDATES. Listing down the features that you want to achieve is one good move. Oftentimes, mobile apps developers observe strict compliance on the items listed on the Job Order. If an item is not included on the list, moreso if it is deemed a complex addition, it might have to be considered for a second phase.
AFTER THE MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT
- MONITOR THE UPDATES FROM THE APP SUBMISSION STORES. Now that the mobile application is under review, you must check the status of the application regularly. This might consume several weeks; that’s why making sure that the requirements for your application type must be secured on an earlier time.
- IMPLEMENT UPDATES. Depending on the outcome of negotiation with the app developer, the items that you identified during the middle of the app development (or those that were not accommodated due to time and cost implications) can now be implemented so you get an enhanced version of the app.